Ottawa Chapter Events
All our events are held at the Ottawa Novotel, located in downtown Ottawa, see here for the location and time.
Join us for the our ISSA Ottawa Chapter Events for the 2012-2013 year! More details to follow.
We encourage attendees to register at least 48 hours prior to the event. You must register by Monday at 5:00 PM of the week of the event to guarantee a seat and a meal. Substitutions are permitted, however, non-members will not be granted member prices. Alternatively, you may cancel your registration by e-mail up to 3 days before the event. While we will accept walk-in registrants, we regret that we cannot guarantee the provision of a meal.
When you register, please understand that a meal has been ordered for you and the ISSA Ottawa Chapter is responsible for paying for it regardless of whether you attend or not.
If you pre-pay and do not attend the event and do not notify us within the 48 hour notice period, your payment will be forfeit. This is because ISSA Ottawa incurs the full cost of the event regardless of whether you attend or not.
METHOD OF PAYMENT: In advance with PayPal or at the door with Cash, Cheque or MasterCard (MC only).
Fast and easy registration with PayPal or e-mail email@example.com with the following information:
Event Title, Name, Telephone, E-Mail, Member Status and Number (if applicable), Any Special Dietary Requirements
NOTE: Members may email the webmaster to receive a copy of the event presentation.
Previous Ottawa Chapter Events: 2010 - 2011
- Sept. 2010: VOIP is not Data: L. Dobranski (InfoSys)
- Oct. 2010: Shadows in the Clouds: R. Rohozinski (SecDev)
- Nov. 2010: Web 2.0 Threats: A. Quan (Websense)
- Dec. 2010: 10 things IT Security Experts want for X-mas (panel)
- Jan 2011: Security Architecture Panel discussion
- Feb. 2011: Social Engineering, Methodolgy and Tools: M. Sues (Rigel Kent Security)
- March 2011: iPhone and iPad security: S. Douba (Cygnos)
- April 2011: Futuristic security topics, D. McMahon (Bell-BSSI)
- May 2011: VA Assessment data reporting: A. de beaupre
- June 2011: Cloud Security: C. Heroux (RSA)
- Sept. 2011: How government is addressing cyber attacks: P. Girard (TBS)
- Oct. 2011: Mobile Security panel: J. Barbour (RIM), S. Douba (Cygnos), T. Moss (Trend Micro) and T .Whalen (OPC): Sponsor: Telus
- Nov. 2011: IP v 6 : S. Murray-Ford (Access2Networks)